What Auto Insurance is Best for New Drivers?

If you’ve just purchased a brand new car, the first thing you need to do before you take it out on the Rochester Hills, MI roads is to get insurance. However, with a brand new car, it can be hard to know what type of auto insurance is best for you. Learn about the different types of coverage and how you can get covered with Guy Hurley McNeil!

What Does Auto Insurance Cover?

In a nutshell, auto insurance provides you with financial support in the case that any damage is sustained to you, your vehicle, or someone else in an accident. Here are some of the different areas of auto insurance coverage: 

  • Liability
  • Damage to your vehicles
  • Damage to another person’s vehicle
  • Injury to you or others
  • Non-automotive property damage from a car accident

These are just some of the different areas of which auto insurance covers. To compare prices and amounts of different coverage types, get expert consultation from Guy Hurley McNeil. 

How Much Coverage Should You Have?

Usually, most states will require you to have liability coverage as a minimum for driving your car. Depending on how much you drive your car, you can get by on just liability coverage, which will cover you if you’re in an accident, and you are at fault. However, if you have a new car, it’s recommended that you get full coverage. Liability won’t cover you if a deer came out and hit your car on the road. With a new car, damage repairs can be expensive, so it might not hurt to get full coverage on your new car. 

Get the Coverage You Need with Guy Hurley McNeil

To find out what coverage type and amount is best for you, visit Guy Hurley McNeil in Rochester Hills, MI. You can contact them online to schedule an appointment.